Peach and Pomegranate Cookie Crumble Pistachio Gelato with Roasted Peaches
You may have missed our giveaway with Nubocha, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a fun twist on a summer favorite. We paired our Peach and Pomegranate Tea Cookies with Nubocha pistachio dairy free gelato and roasted, organic California peaches.
We couldn't take the heat, so we used the air fryer to get our peaches beautifully caramelized.
The best part of this recipe is that you can add however much of the cookie crumbs and peaches that you want. If you like it crunchy, add more cookies. If you want to amp up the peach flavor, add more peaches.
For me this dessert is reminiscent of summers in Georgia, but also pistachio and rose desserts we'd eat during Muslim holidays. As a child, I always felt I was never enough of a specific culture, be it Trinidadian, Southern or Muslim. As an adult, the collision of all of these cultures are now what inspire my cooking and even the flavors of Gwell.
Let us know your favorite ice cream combo in the comments and perhaps we will try that too!
- 1 pack of peach and pomegranate tea cookies
- 1 pint of pistachio gelato
- 1-2 ripe peaches
- Rinse peaches and slice of dice them to your preferred size. We sliced them, but would recommend dicing as a more practical approach.
- roast peaches in the oven or air fryer until they reach your desired level of caramelization. Time will depend upon the size of your pieces. We roasted them in our air fryer on 370 for 15 minutes.
- While the peaches are roasting, decide if you want cookies chunks or crumbs mixed into the ice cream. If you want chunks, gently squeeze the cookies to break them into bite sized chunks, you Can also slice them with a knife. If you want crumbs, leave them in the bag and roll over the sealed bag a few times with a rolling pin, or pop them into the food processor and pulse to your desire size.
- Let the peaches cool before mixing them into your ice cream. We didn't and that was a silly mistake.
- Once the peach are cool, add your gelato to a bowl, mix in the cookies crumbs and peaches, and put it back into the freezer to chill. The gelato will get a bit soft from the mixing, so it's better to give it some time to fully solidify.
- Once it's chilled, enjoy! You can top it with any leftover peaches and cookie crumbs if you like.
Peach & Pomegranate Tea Cookies
Powerful antioxidants protect your body and boost your immune system
Properties in white tea may help lower risk of heart disease
Peaches improve digestion and are a great source of vitamin A for healthy vision
Plus they have ~25-40% less sugar than the traditional tea cookie
Nubocha Pistachio Gelato
Pistachios aren't only delicious, they are a great source of healthy fats, fiber and antioxidants. Their nutritional content may help to manage blood sugar and aid in weight management,
Nubocha pistacio gelato has 6g net carbs per serving
Dairy-free, gluten free and Low GI, this gelato can support multiple diets while still an indulgent treat,
Their non-gmo pistachios from the Middle East are made with a proprietary technique that results in the velvety texture you experience in the gelato.
What we learned? It's really hard to photograph gelato. Apparently photographers use mashed potatoes!